Let’s just get this out of the way; my 2010 goal process stunk. Well, that’s not quite accurate; I didn’t have a full process to reach my goals, so I stunk. As a matter of fact, I stunk so much that in August I even tried to change a couple of things. I think I trapped myself into a corner; what would Admiral Ackbar say? Well, no matter; let’s take a look back to see what I was hoping to accomplish this year.
Here were the goals:
1. Earn at least $15,000 online.
2. Reach those 500 subscribers.
3. Increase real visitors to this site to 3,000 a month on average.
4. Get even more publicity this year by guest posting.
5. Get my Alexa rank for two of my blogs into the top 100,000.
How’d I do?
1. Hah! Next!
2. I hit 175 one day.
3. Wait a minute; I hit this one. Google Analytics says I’m averaging 4,400 visitors a month, while Count Per Day says I’m averaging 17,000+. Hmmm… either way, I actually attained one of my goals.
4. I started the year strong with some guest posts, got a couple more in the middle of the year and that’s it. I think I wrote 6 guest posts this year, but wait… that was actually higher than last year. So I guess I hit this one as well.
5. Hmmm… I guess I broke this one as well, sitting in the 90,000’s as I write this.
That means I actually hit 3 of my 5 goals; I guess I didn’t fail so much after all, did I? And now that I think about it, I really can’t gripe all that much about #1 either. Sure, $15,000 was definitely audacious, but in the end I’m averaging nearly $200 a month with all the things I do, way higher than in 2009. So maybe I’m on the way up in some fashion.
So, I actually only failed on #2; I’m still wondering about that one, but you know, it increased for the year, actually doubling.
This is why one sets goals. Yeah, a couple of those were crazy, and yet in a way it pushed me to be better, and I was better even if I couldn’t hit the actual goal for 2 of them. Guess I should be proud of myself instead, right?
So, how did you do with your goals for the year? A few of you commented on this post about the last 3rd of the year, so it would be interesting to hear if you at least finished strong.
Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2010 Mitch Mitchell