10 More Business Social Media Tips In 2 Minutes
Posted by Mitch Mitchell on Jan 8, 2015
Back in October I wrote what turned out to be a popular post, if you believe Analytics, 10 Business Social Media Tips. I knew it would be popular because people love list posts. It was also relatively short; sometimes that works well.
About 5 minutes ago I wrote the follow up post to that one; then it totally disappeared, and I actually know the reason why and I’m not going to get into it right now, though I suspect alligators. lol However, it wasn’t bad, and I sat here thinking for a couple of minutes wondering if I wanted to try to recreate it or just let it go and move onto something else.
This is we’re talking about, so I’m going to go ahead and write it anyway. Course, with this preamble it now might take 3 minutes for you to read it, but them’s the breaks.
1. Don’t sign up for all social media accounts and services if you’re not going to use them.
2. You don’t have to be a great writer or speller. Be a good writer and use spell check.
3. Blog commenting is the best way to drive traffic to your website or blog; trust me on this one.
4. Make sure you share the links to your websites and blogs as often as possible, wherever you have the opportunity to share them.
5. Don’t always agree with people just to be polite. If you disagree with something say it; just don’t be too aggressive if you can help it.
6. Give people a chance to share your content. Notice that with this blog you can share it on Twitter, Facebook or Google Plus.
7. Whether it’s your opinion or not, make sure you know your facts first. You can bet someone will know the facts and won’t hesitate to tell you.
8. Never forget to share other people and their links with your readers if they’re the inspiration for what you’re writing.
9. Don’t be afraid to make videos. Remember, what you see in a video is how people see you in real life.
10. It’s okay to ask people to follow or connect with you sometimes, just don’t overdo it. Every once in awhile people need a bit of encouragement to participate.
Whew; I had problems remembering two of the things I originally said but came up with 2 more instead. Now go enjoy your weekend, and don’t forget to give me a thumbs up.