I’m not sure if you’ve ever heard of a meme, but that’s where someone starts a theme of some sort and other people adopt it and do the same thing for a day or two (my buddy Peter says he doesn’t do memes; let’s see if I can goad him into the challenge lol). Well, it seems I’ve created my own meme where I’ve written 10 quick tips that shouldn’t take most people long to read. I’ve got a bunch of them on this blog, including one on writing and one on blogging and a few others here and there, including on my other blogs.
The plan is simple; write a post that gives information that hopefully the reader can digest in 2 minutes. I think this works great and should be something that everyone should be able to do. I sometimes like writing something like this to follow up a relatively long post.
Anyway, giving it another shot here so let’s get going:
1. Create a blog so you can communicate often with the masses, which includes your potential customers.
2. Have at least a LinkedIn account, but it wouldn’t hurt to be on the other social media platforms.
3. Don’t always sell; be engaging here and there, at least 50% of the time.
4. Don’t say social media is worthless if you’ve never given it a try.
5. Be nice, even when you’ve got a gripe you want to get off your chest.
6. Every person is a potential customer or lead; remember that.
7. Nothing says you have to do it all in social media. Find what you feel comfortable and do just that.
8. However, you must be in social media; trust me, your competitors are.
9. If it didn’t work the way you thought it would it’s not anyone’s fault; when has anyone gotten everything right every time?
10. Be yourself; sometimes you only get one chance to impress people.
That’s it; enjoy the challenge!