Three weeks ago I wrote a quick post here giving 10 blog tips that could be read in 2 minutes or less. Seems that was the 3rd most popular post written in the last 30 days; figures right? I figured that I write about more than blogging around here, and that I’d take a shot and see if I could do the same type of thing regarding writing. Embrace your writing like the kid in the picture has. lol Anyway, let’s see if it can be done (of course it can be done):
1. When the mood hits you, write as much as you can. You can always edit, and you might end up with more than one post or article.
2. Watch your nouns and adverbs. Some are okay, but go overboard and you risk the power of your message.
3. Spell check is your friend; use it.
4. Punctuation is your other friend; don’t forget about semicolons.
5. If you believe you can’t think of anything to write think about your last 6 waking hours. There’s always a tale somewhere in there.
6. Write in your own voice. If you try to sound too smart or too perfect your message will come across very stale.
7. When you’ve finished writing, if you need to read it out loud to yourself; mistakes tend to stand out better that way.
8. Long posts are fine but don’t keep repeating the same message over and over. If you said it once, leave it be and move on.
9. Never forget to give attribution to your inspiration, otherwise someone might think you’ve plagiarized them.
10. Don’t over-think. Write the best way you know how, feel your words, and others will feel them as well.