So, the continuation of the story of some of my computer issues. When I last wrote, I’d had to contact customer service to reactivate my cable connection. I got that, but I was still having major problems with many webpages.
I thought maybe the problem was with the Panda software that I now have as my virus protection, as well as my new firewall. I disabled the firewall and tested it; nothing changed. I disabled a couple other things and tried it; nothing changed.
I then decided to open IE, as I’d been doing everything on Firefox. Everything was working on IE, so it made me rethink what I was doing. I went into the tools of Firefox and kept looking at everything there; I couldn’t find anything else I could do that I hadn’t already done. I even reloaded Firefox 126.96.36.199, which I was surprised I could even still find, and that didn’t fix anything.
Then, for some unknown reason, I started to wonder if it was the cookies. I’m not sure why I thought of it but it seemed to be one thing I hadn’t touched. I went into Firefox cookies and deleted those that were associated with webpages I was having problems with. Then I opened those pages; there it was! Every page was suddenly working again, and life was fun once more. I went back in and deleted some other cookies, which I have rarely paid attention to, because I’d noticed that some of them are tracking cookies, and they really don’t need to be on my computer.
I wish I’d thought about the cookies before I’d gone through all that other stuff. I put it here so y’all can check them out from time to time. I’ve done some research since then and have found that, indeed, cookies can sometimes get corrupted for one reason or another. But they’re easy to check, easy to delete, and easy to get back; just go back to the page and they’ll come back.
Now, life is almost back to perfect; I still need to figure out this buffer issue that seems to happen from time to time, but otherwise, I’m happier than I’ve been in awhile.