I’d been feeling lucky about dodging things like this, and I was going to ignore this one also, but decided that I’d play along for once. I’m responding to a tag by my friend Sire of Wassup Blog to participate in a meme on the above topic. If you need to know what a meme is, click here, but in essence, it’s basically participating in a list that goes around, asking you to pony up some personal information, then invite some other folks to play along. I’ve participated in the past, when I first joined a small one titled Passion Quilt, then played in another one, without naming names, when I did something that, to my distress, no one else still has even thought about trying, called Soundtrack Of Your Life. Yella bellies!
Before I begin, here are the “official rules” for this one:
1. Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
2. Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged.
Okay, let’s see what seven things I can come up with:
1. I lived in Tokyo, Japan, for 3 years as a kid.
2. I tied for being the first black student in Liverpool High School history to win a national merit scholarship letter my junior year. I got a perfect score on the math achievement test.
3. I ignored three scholarship requests because I didn’t think I was being offered them for the right reason.
4. I made it through my last 2 1/2 years of college by trying to think logically about everything I did instead of allowing my emotions to take over my mind, basing my reasoning on Mr. Spock of Star Trek fame.
5. I’ve lived in my house for 8 1/2 years now, and it’s the longest time I’ve ever lived in one place consecutively.
6. In high school, I was school ping pong and badminton champion, and was awarded the Most Improved Player award on my bowling team, all in my senior year.
7. Red is my favorite color, and my office is totally red.
Okay, now is where I have to name 7 people and let them know that they’ve been selected. It’s going to be hard, since I’m actually writing this days in advance, so I’m going to link to a post on their blogs, and hopefully they’ll notice the trackback. My choices are Kelvin, Josh, Jill, Pat, Sarah, Scott, and Volker.
And there you go. No guarantee that anyone else will play this game, but I’ve done my part. Zounds, and away!