Posted by Mitch Mitchell on Aug 31, 2009
Yup, it’s that time of the year again, Blog Day, where we’re all supposed to give our favorite five blogs for the year. This year, there’s even a link for it to Technorati, which I’ll admit that I’m not sure what it’s really supposed to do. But hey, I’ll go along with it. Here’s the link to last year’s Blog Day 2008 post.
Last year I had all these self inflicted rules on myself. This year, I’m not having any of that. I’ve yet to decide if I’m doing it on all of my blogs or just this one; I’m thinking this will be the only place I’ll do it, though I could change my mind, since I’m actually writing this one ahead of time. You can see who I recommended last year on Mitch’s Blog.
Also, what I’m supposed to do is let those people know that I mentioned them. I don’t think I did it last year, since only one person I wrote on actually found it and made a comment on the post. I’ll have to think about this one as I’m writing this post, although I could probably just link to the last post of the blogs I’m recommending, and they’ll see the trackback in some fashion. Yes, I’ll do that; thinking as I go along. 🙂
So, here we go, in no particular order, but without the shackles I put on myself last year. These are 5 blogs I actually make sure I read often.
1. Sire’s Wassup Blog. I talk about Sire all the time here, and I think we’ve actually educated each other on many thing over the past year and a half. I actually met him on one of those diary blogging sites, but we didn’t know who each other was at the time. I find his blog entertaining, and I rarely miss a post. What’s his blog about? Whatever he wants it to be about. I like that; independent Australian thing. 🙂
2. Abundance Blog at Marelisa Online. Man, Marelisa makes me think every time I read a new post of hers, and it’s all good stuff. She takes a lot of time crafting her posts, and there’s never any junk in it. In an odd way, she reminds me of how I might write if I didn’t try to have a post almost daily. As a matter of fact, I’d love for you to read this post on Freedom, Nonconformity & Unconventional Living. Her blog is about changing your mind towards better things; gotta love that.
3. 21st Century Affiliate Marketing. John Dilbeck might give you the impression of being a mountain man, but this is one of the smartest guys you’ll ever deal with. I love reading his posts also, as they’re always very thoughtful, and he’s one of the best commenters you’ll ever see. He talks about affiliate marketing and, lately offline marketing also.
4. HSH Financial News Associates Blog. Tim Manni writes this blog, which is all about financial news and the like. I discovered it just after I started writing my finance blog, and it’s very good, and always up to date. Sometimes he beats me to a story, sometimes I beat him to one. I love the challenge.
5. Electronic Village. I met Wayne Hicks on Facebook after I created my blog sharing group there. He was one of the first people to share his blog with all of us there. His blog has to be something special if I keep going back to it, since most of you know how much I don’t like Blogger as a blogging site. This blog is all about black news issues, and it’s always timely and well written. Once again, we sometimes are competing on the same stories around the same time, but I get so much from this blog, I must admit. Now if I can only get enough overall support to one day end up in his top 25 blogs written by black authors, my life would be complete.
And that’s that. I hope y’all check these folks out, because all of them write quality stuff. Onward to 2010!